Internship and Development Opportunities
Alyeska Internship Program
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company recruits highly motivated students participating in undergraduate or graduate degree programs focused in the following areas:
- Engineering (Chemical/Civil/Electrical/Mechanical)
- Accounting / Business Admin / Economics / Finance
- Computer Science / Information Technology / MIS
- Health & Safety / Environment
- Instrumentation / Process Technology
- Construction & Project Management / Project Controls
Specifically, Alyeska is interested in hiring individuals seeking a future career-specific pathway to participate in a paid internship program for a 12-16 week term (depending on assignment) on the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS). Internship positions are available in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Valdez, and Pump Stations. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. (refer to Page 3 of the Department of Homeland Security Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form).
Recruitment and selection for 2015 has been completed; however, below is the typical timeline of internship program activity. The 2016 Internship Program application will be available September 1, 2015 for the 2016 program:
- Recruitment and Application Submission Period: September 1, 2014 – January 15, 2015
- Application Packet Deadline: January 15, 2015
- Telephone Interviews: February 10-19, 2015
- Final Selection / Notification to Selected Interns: February 23-27, 2015
- Internship Orientation in Anchorage, Alaska: May 11-12, 2015
- Internship Period: May 11, 2015 - August 28, 2015
- End of Internship Presentations and Exit Interviews: August 3-13, 2015
Review Frequently Asked Questions for more information regarding the Alyeska Pipeline Service Company Internship Program.
Building Foundations for Excellence Program (BFEP)
The Building Foundations for Excellence Program (BFEP) is a development program focused on renewing the workforce by attracting, developing and retaining candidates for positions at Alyeska Pipeline Service Company.
BFEP participants are in robust development plans for up to two years depending upon the position and experience/skill levels. BFEP developmental positions are considered regular employees of Alyeska with all the rights, benefits, and responsibilities of other employees. Specific goals of the program are to:
prepare internal and/or external applicants for career opportunities with Alyeska
assist management in the process of transferring knowledge from experienced employees to new employees
secure continuous, dedicated funding to ensure a quality program
provide employee development within BFEP that can provide a model for company-wide career development strategies
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Alyeska offers employment, training, compensation and advancement in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations on the basis of qualification and merit, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disabilities, marital or family status, age, or other characteristic protected by law. Alyeska will extend the same considerations to qualified persons of differing abilities, consistent with an individual’s ability to perform essential job functions safely.