Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What's new this month?
A: click here
Q: How do I know what my benefits cover?
A: Refer to the Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) or the benefit overview sheets and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) at http://www.alyeska-pipe.com/Connect/Benefits/Plans. DirectPath (1-877-548-7714) is also available to help understand your benefit coverage.
Q: What is an eligible dependent?
A: click here
Q: I’m a retiree plan participant and turning age 65 soon, what happens to my medical and/or dental plan?
A. Your coverage with the pre-age 65 retiree medical plan and pre-age 65 dental plan ends the last day in the month prior to turning age 65. Enrollment into Medicare (Parts A&B) and other supplemental Medicare plans can begin three months prior to turning age 65. It is suggested you contact Medicare regarding any enrollments and questions regarding Medicare. Alaska Medicare Information Office: If you live in Alaska, contact the Alaska Medicare Information Office (Alaska Medicare Helpline 1-800-478-6065 in Alaska or (907) 269-3680 in Anchorage). http://www.hss.state.ak.us/dsds/medicare/
Alyeska Retirees, who are enrolled in the pre-age 65 plan (either medical or dental) until they reach the month they turn age 65, are eligible for the Alyeska Retiree Medicare Eligible Health Plan click here for the Summary Plan Description (SPD). Retirees must call Via Benefits at 1-855-241-5725 to enroll into supplemental medical, dental, vision and/or prescription. Via Benefits will also explain how to make a claim on the reimbursable HRA, if eligible.
- DirectPath Benefit Advocacy Services: DirectPath specializes in answering Medicare related questions. Alyeska provides this service to you and your covered dependents free of charge. They can help you understand Medicare Part D options and answer any questions. Contact them at 1-877-548-7714.
- Medicare online: Visit http://www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-633-4227 to get information on how to enroll into a Plan or ask Medicare related questions.
- Alaska Medicare Information Office: If you live in Alaska, contact the Alaska Medicare Information Office (Alaska Medicare Helpline 1-800-478-6065 in Alaska or (907) 269-3680 in Anchorage). http://www.hss.state.ak.us/dsds/medicare/
- Via Benefits: visit https://medicare.oneexchange.com/ and also call 1-855-241-5725
Q: I’m an active employee and am considering an upcoming retirement from Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. What do I need to do?
A: Provided written notification to your supervisor and your Human Resources Generalist. You may wish to contact Fidelity at 1-800-908-2363 and request a Retirement Kit. If you (or your covered spouse) are nearing age 65 or are over 65, contact Compensation and Benefits at CompensationBenefits@alyeska-pipeline.com or at 907-787-8110.
Q: I recently had a baby. What do I need to do to get them added to the medical plan?
A: Within 30 days of the life event (i.e. birth), enroll your newly eligible dependent to your medical and only dental plan by submitting the Health Plans form (#10501) to your HR representative. The form must be received by Human Resources within 30 days of birth. Call 907-787-8110 for questions.
Q: What happens if I do not add a newly eligible dependent to my medical and/or dental plan coverage within 30 days of a life event (i.e. birth, adoption, marriage, domestic partner)?
A: You may enroll your dependent(s) during the next open enrollment period. This period is generally communicated to all plan participants in December/January timeframe via home mailing and company email. Pay special attention to open enrollment mid January to mid February.
Q: What do I do if I need medically necessary treatment and it is not an emergency?
A: Take the time to research it. There are often large disparities between the charges of service providers/doctors and hospitals. Because this can take time, energy and know- how, contact a Direct Path benefit advocate to help save time and save your health care plan from unnecessary costs. If you are enrolled in the Alyeska medical plan, please contact Direct Path at 1-877-548-7714 and speak with a Benefit Advocate about a cost and quality analysis for an upcoming procedure.
Q: What if I get married and I am currently an employee?
A: Within 30 days of the life event (i.e. marriage), enroll your newly eligible dependent to your medical and/or dental plan by submitting the Health Plans form (#10501) to your HR representative. The form must be received within 30 days of birth. If your name changes, please submit notice of name change to payroll once Social Security has changed name. If you are not an active employee, please contact Benefits at 907-787-8110.
1. Life Insurance - MetLife (GVUL), go online to https://mybenefits.metlife.com or call a MetLife Group Variable Universal Life Specialist at 1-800-756-0124.
2. Business Travel Accident (BTA) and Occupational Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage: Submit a completed Beneficiary Designation form (#7097 in TAPS documents) to your HR representative.
3. S&I – Log on to NetBenefits at www.netbenefits.com, click Your Profile, then click the Beneficiaries link in the About You section. If you need assistance or do not have access to the online feature, contact the Alyeska Benefit Center at Fidelity at 1-800-908-2363.
4. Pension Plan – Log on to Fidelity at www.netbenefits.com, click Your Profile, then click the Beneficiaries link in the About You section. If you need assistance or do not have access to the online feature, contact the Alyeska Benefit Center at Fidelity at 1-800-908-2363.
Q. What do I do if I am turning 65 and I am still an active employee? What happens to my medical plan?
A. Your coverage remains the same and there are no changes. It is suggested you contact Medicare regarding any enrollments needed prior to retirement. Alaska Medicare Information Office: If you live in Alaska, contact the Alaska Medicare Information Office (Alaska Medicare Helpline 1-800-478-6065 in Alaska or (907) 269-3680 in Anchorage). http://www.hss.state.ak.us/dsds/medicare/
When you leave employment, please contact Compensation and Benefits to get a statement for Medicare and determine if you are eligible for retiree benefits.
Q. How do I change my phone number, address or emergency contact information?
A. Current employees can change their contact information using the Oracle self-service system on the Anet. Former employee should contact the vendor directly. Fidelity 1-800-908-2363 and for retirees on the medical or dental plan call Peak1 at 1-877-404-9443.
Q. Who can I call if I need to talk to someone about my personal concerns (mental health, financial/legal concerns, parenting issues)? Alyeska's EAP Magellan Program
A. Current Alyeska employees and their dependents as well as household members, are eligible to use Alyeska's Employee Assistance Program. This is a confidential service provided at no cost to you. Visit www.magellanhealth.com/member for EAP information, self-assessment tools, wellness tips, and more or call them at 1-800-478-2812.
Return to Welcome Page